Does the combination of chocolate and orange make you think of Christmas!? If so, this holiday dessert sangria will have you feeling merry and bright in no time. What could be better than a gorgeous cocktail that features this traditional, festive medley? This delicious, boozy, easy-to-make beverage is the perfect addition to your Yuletide celebration this year!
*Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A QUICK RUNDOWN – MAKING HOLIDAY DESSERT SANGRIA
- Gather all of your ingredients and a three-four liter pitcher or beverage dispenser.
- Prepare all fruits and add about half to the container. Set the other half of your fruit aside in a bowl or storage container and refrigerate.
- Add 3-4 cinnamon sticks to the fruit in the pitcher/dispenser.
- Open both bottles of wine and pour them into your container, then add orange flavored vodka and orange juice to the mixture.
- Chill sangria overnight
- When it’s time to serve sangria, set it out and place the reserved half of fruit to the side (with tongs) so guests can add additional fruit to their glasses. Garnish each drinking glass with a cinnamon stick and Enjoy!
- I recommend making holiday dessert sangria the night before your festivities. This allows the fruit flavors & cinnamon sticks to infuse into the liquids, making the beverage more flavorful! If you don’t have the ability to make this sangria ahead of time, it will still be super delicious.
- The recipe definitely has room for all of your creative whims. Feel free to add or subtract fruits and have some fun!
Chocolate & Orange Holiday Dessert Sangria
- 2 large oranges
- 2 medium size red pears
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup cranberries
- 10-15 cinnamon sticks
- 1 750 ml bottle chocolate wine*
- 1 750 ml bottle cabernet sauvignon, merlot, or your favorite red wine
- 1 cup orange flavored vodka
- 1 cup orange juice
- *additional cinnamon sticks for garnish
Recipe notes:Chocolate wine notes: 1.) Don’t purchase a creamy brand of chocolate wine for this recipe, you’ll want a dark red chocolate wine. I purchase the brand “Chocolate Shop.” 2.) Many liquor stores do not carry chocolate wine in my neck of the woods. I have more luck at larger warehouse type stores. It’s best to call before you head over to make sure your local liquor store has it in stock!
- Slice oranges, dice pears, seed pomegranate and rinse your cranberries. Add half of your fruits to a 3-4 liter pitcher or beverage dispenser. Reserve the other half and refrigerate in a lidded storage container.
- Add 2-3 of your cinnamon sticks to the beverage container along with fruit.
- Open both bottles of wine and pour them into the container. Add vodka and orange juice.
- Chill sangria in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you're ready to serve sangria, garnish each drinking glass with a cinnamon stick. Take your reserve fruit out of the refrigerator and set it to the side, with tongs, so that guests can add additional fruit to their glasses. ENJOY!
If you loved it…
Please share this post! Scroll down to leave a rating and a comment or leave a rating simply by clicking the stars in the recipe card above!
Happy Thanksgiving and happy holidays!