Healthy and delicious, this honey apple baked oatmeal recipe is super easy to make! It comes together in 30 minutes for a tasty breakfast, snack or healthy dessert. Baked oatmeal reheats really well, so it's perfect for meal-prep.
Make ahead and freeze or refrigerate, then simply microwave pieces for 60-90 seconds! Even better, it's both vegetarian and gluten free.
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Quick overview - making honey apple baked oatmeal:
- First, preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Measure applesauce, eggs, spices, vanilla & baking soda into a large mixing bowl and whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Add milk, melted butter and honey and whisk again.
- Stir in whole grain oats and diced apple.
- Transfer batter to a lightly greased 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow baked oatmeal to cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
- Whole grain oats will work best for this recipe. You can use quick oats but typically the dish will be a bit more dry if you go this route.
- You can also use this recipe to make baked oatmeal cups! Lightly spray a 12 count muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Portion batter into each cavity and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, until muffin tops are a nice golden brown color.
- Baked oatmeal saves and reheats really well. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days or cut oatmeal into squares and freeze for up to 3 months! Microwave for 30-90 seconds to reheat and enjoy!
Honey Apple Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup applesauce *unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & ¾ cups almond milk *or milk of choice *unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons salted butter *melted & slightly cooled
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 & ½ cups whole grain oats *see note below
- 1 medium apple *diced *see note below
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts *optional
Recipe notes:Whole grain oats: you can substitute quick oats but the final product may not be quite as moist. Apple: a crisp, tart variety works best. I normally purchase pink lady apples for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine applesauce, eggs, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, vanilla extract and baking powder. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add milk, melted butter & honey. Whisk again.
- Stir in your whole grain oats and diced apple. Pour batter into your baking dish and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- Allow baked oatmeal to cool, cut into squares and serve! If desired, drizzle honey, agave or maple syrup on your oatmeal for a sweeter treat.
- Place oatmeal squares in an airtight food storage container or Ziploc bag. Refrigerate for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat your oatmeal squares, simply microwave for 30-90 seconds!
Did you make this recipe?!
Thank you so much for trying it out! Would you leave a rating? Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.
Other oatmeal recipes you'll love!
- Blueberry Banana & Pecan Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal With Pecans
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies | No-Bake!
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Blueberry Lemon Blender Pancakes | Made With Oatmeal!
Leave a Comment