This healthy, homemade salad dressing recipe is so easy to make! It uses only four ingredients and takes just ten minutes to whip up. Simple, creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing is made with Greek yogurt, which means it's very low calorie (added bonus: Greek yogurt is high in protein).
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
They say dressing is the least healthy part of the salad, but that doesn't have to be the case! This recipe provides a better option for adding loads of extra flavor to all of your favorite salads.
What are the advantages of homemade salad dressing?
There are a myriad of reasons to skip out on bottled dressing and make your own at home!
For starters, you get much more control over ingredients. No preservatives, less added sugars! Also, homemade dressing is made fresh and offers better flavor.
The best part? Whipping up a healthy salad dressing from scratch is SO easy (and often times more affordable), it's totally worth it.
More Salad Dressing Recipes:
Greek Yogurt Balsamic Dressing Ingredients
This super easy salad dressing requires only four basics!
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt: or substitute light sour cream. Keep in mind that Greek yogurt is much lower calorie.
- Balsamic vinegar: the delicious, intense flavor of balsamic vinegar paired with cool, creamy yogurt is a match made in heaven!
- Salt & black pepper: you can also add a little garlic powder if desired.
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard makes for a tasty addition to this recipe, but it's not necessary.
How To Make Homemade Creamy Balsamic Dressing
Keep scrolling for the full recipe card with measurements! We'll start here with a quick overview:
- Start by measuring your Greek yogurt in to a small bowl. I like using Fage 0%, but any brand or fat content option will do the trick.
- Add salt, ground pepper and balsamic vinegar. Whisk until smooth.
- Taste test and add a little more salt/pepper if desired.
- Add to your salad and enjoy!
Dip Or Drizzle!
This creamy dressing is delicious on salad greens, but it also makes a tasty dipping sauce for fresh vegetables. Think carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper slices, cauliflower, broccoli and so much more. Try all of your favorite produce!
Store leftover dressing in an airtight container or mason jar. It should keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Shake well before each use!
Greek Yogurt Balsamic Dressing (Only 4 Ingredients)
- ⅔ cup nonfat Greek yogurt *regular yogurt, not flavored.
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper *see note below
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons of dijon mustard.
Recipe notes:Salt & Pepper: I typically use just salt and pepper in this recipe, but you can also add a little bit of garlic powder if you like! It's up to your personal preference!
- Measure Greek yogurt, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper into a small mixing bowl and whisk until all ingredients are well combined. (*tip: you can also toss all of your ingredients into a food processor or blender rather than whisking them together in a bowl)!
- Add to desired salad and enjoy. (This dressing also goes great with grilled chicken, yum!)
- Refrigerate in an air-tight food storage container for 2-3 days. I like to store my homemade dressing in a small glass jar! Shake before use.
Did you make this recipe?!
That's amazing! Would you leave a review? Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.