Healthy, sweet oven roasted carrots with honey and brown sugar glaze!
Sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles and bake for an easy, delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with endless main courses.
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
- Carrots: the gorgeous star of the show! Just look at that color.
- Honey & brown sugar: sweeten it up!
- Rosemary: this tasty herb adds lot of additional flavor and depth.
- Salt & Pepper: nothing like a sweet and savory combo!
- Feta: tasty, cheesy crumbles.
How do you make roasted carrots? A quick overview:
Keep scrolling for complete recipe and instructions. We’ll start here with a super quick rundown!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel carrots, cut them in half and line on a baking sheet.
- Measure glaze ingredients into a small bowl. Stir well and then microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Use a boar bristle pastry brush to apply mixture, covering both sides of each carrot! (If you have leftover glaze, drizzle remainder over top)
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and use your pastry brush to soak up glaze and brush it back over your carrots. Sprinkle with feta, salt/pepper and bake for 12 more minutes.
- Once carrots can be easily pierced with a fork, they are done.
- Allow to cool and enjoy! Top with additional feta, rosemary or honey if desired.
- If you have any extra large carrots, you may want to consider cutting them in quarters. This will help them bake a little more quickly and keep up with the smaller carrots.
- Pictured below is the vegetable peeler I use and love! For the longest time I had an old, dull peeler and didn't realize I was making my life much harder than it needed to be. A nice peeler can drastically reduce your prep time in the kitchen and I especially love this one because it works really well on thick/tough skinned veggies (like butternut squash). It's the best purchase I've made in a while. Highly recommend!
- A silicone pastry brush can work for this recipe but I've found it easier to work with a boar bristle pastry brush. Your honey glaze will be quite thick, so the latter makes it a little easier to baste your carrots!
- A fun variation: instead of brown sugar and honey glaze you can make your carrots with homemade hot honey for a little sweet and heat!
More simple sides for dinner:
- Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
- Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- Mashed Cauliflower "Potatoes"
Roasted Carrots With Honey And Feta
- 2 lb package of whole carrots
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar *light or dark
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary *crushed/dried
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel carrots and cut them in half lengthwise. (*tip: you can use your veggie peeler to shave down one side of each carrot a little bit to create a flat surface to keep it from wobbling when you cut it in half)!
- Line carrots on a baking sheet.
- Combine honey, brown sugar, olive oil and rosemary in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Microwave for 15-20 seconds to thin.
- Use a boar bristle pastry brush to apply mixture to both sides of your carrots. (a silicone bush can work but boar bristle works better with this thicker honey glaze).
- Drizzle any remaining glaze over top of carrots, place pan in the oven and roast for 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and use your pastry brush to soak up glaze and brush it back over carrots. Sprinkle with feta, salt and pepper. Bake for 12 more minutes.
- Once carrots can easily be pierced with a fork they are done. Allow to cool and enjoy. Add extra feta, rosemary or honey if desired!
Did you make this recipe?!
Thank you so much for trying it out – please be sure to leave a rating! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.