These mini, crust-less ham and cheese quiche cups are SO delicious! Even better? They’re healthy, keto-friendly, super low-carb and gluten free. They come together in just 30-40 minutes for a tasty breakfast or brunch food the whole family will love.
Freeze or refrigerate your cups for a make ahead breakfast you can enjoy all week. If you like Starbucks egg bites, you’ll adore these mini quiche cups!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
A QUICK OVERVIEW – MAKING HAM & CHEESE QUICHE CUPS:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, baking powder and flour. Whisk until smooth. Add milk and whisk again.
- Sauté onion, spinach and garlic in olive oil.
- Shred cheddar cheese and set 1/2 cup to the side, add remainder to egg mixture. Add goat cheese crumbles, ham and sautéed spinach to the mixing bowl. Gently stir all ingredients together.
- Lightly grease a lined muffin pan and portion batter into each cavity. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
MY BEST TIP FOR MAKING MINI QUICHE CUPS:
I used to make these quiche cups without lining my muffin pan which made it difficult to clean. I decided to buy some silicone muffin pan liners. Let me just tell you – they are AMAZING and I will never go back to my old ways. When my egg cups finish baking they slide right out with no sticking or struggle. Pictured below are the liners I purchased. They’re affordable, cute and dishwasher safe (they even come with a little mesh storage bag)! I cannot recommend them enough. You should absolutely add this tool to your collection. They’re also GREAT for cupcakes.
CAN I FREEZE MY QUICHE CUPS?
Yes you can! Once your cups are done baking, allow them to cool. Place them in an air-tight, freezer safe, food storage container or Ziploc bag. Freeze for 2-3 months. To reheat, simply microwave for 60-90 seconds. I love making quiche cups in bulk and freezing them for a make ahead breakfast that can be enjoyed for months (they reheat really well)!
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS:
Ham & Cheese Quiche Cups | Crust-less!
- 5 large eggs
- ⅔ cup nonfat milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup gluten free flour *see note below
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups spinach *roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red onion *dice into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic *see note below
- 1 & ½ cups shredded sharp white cheddar *divided – reserve ½ cup to sprinkle on top of cups before baking
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup ham *cut into bit size pieces
- ¼ cup bacon bits
Recipe notes:Gluten free flour: use a cup for cup gluten free flour (can typically be found near the regular wheat flour at the grocery store). I like the Bob’s Red Mill brand a lot! Regular flour will also work fine if you aren’t gluten intolerant. Minced garlic: I like to keep a jar of chopped or minced garlic on hand! I highly recommend it, such a huge time saver! You can also mince two large cloves by hand or use a little bit of garlic powder (about 1/4 teaspoon).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, baking powder & gluten free flour. Whisk vigorously until smooth. Add milk and whisk again.
- Measure olive oil into a large skillet on the stove top and turn heat to medium low. Dice onion into small pieces while oil heats and then add to the skillet, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until it cooks down completely (this will only take 2-3 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Shred cheddar cheese and reserve ½ cup to sprinkle on top of your cups before baking. Add the remainder to the egg mixture along with crumbed goat cheese, ham, and sautéed spinach. Mix everything together gently.
- Line a 12 count muffin pan and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray. I prefer to use these silicone muffin pan liners (they are AMAZING) or you can use disposable liners. You can also just grease your pan and elect not to use liners (sometimes this makes the pan difficult to clean).
- Portion egg mixture into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow your cups to cool down a bit.
- Storage: Store in an air tight food storage container or Ziploc bag. Refrigerate for 2-3 days or freeze for 2-3 months.
- How to reheat: To reheat your quiche cups, simply microwave for 60-90 seconds!
Did you make this recipe?!
Thank you so much for trying it out – please be sure to leave a rating! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES!
- Blueberry Banana & Pecan Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Blender Pancakes
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies | No-Bake!
- Almond Flour Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins | Gluten Free!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Strawberry Banana & Chocolate Protein Smoothies