This incredibly delicious and easy recipe features toasted bread covered in creamy burrata cheese and blackberry jam! Top everything off with a drizzle of honey and some fresh basil leaves and get ready for the best breakfast you've ever had.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Often, a burrata toast recipe is made with ingredients like fresh tomatoes, balsamic vinegar (or glaze), extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and flaky sea salt! Here, we're going for a sweet version of popular combo.
If you're craving a savory recipe, give this incredible Burrata Caprese Salad a try!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Bread: good bread will really take this recipe to the next level. I suggest selecting a fancy loaf from the bakery at your local grocery store. Sourdough is a popular option for this recipe!
- Burrata cheese: mild, fresh Italian cheese with an outer shell that tastes very similar to mozzarella and a creamy center.
- Blackberry jam: I like seedless blackberry jam on my toast. Use strawberry, raspberry, blueberry or apricot preserves as a substitute if desired. You really can't go wrong here!
- Blackberries: fresh berries are so lovely and really take this recipe to the next level. Once again, you can't go wrong here so feel free to use your favorite berry as a substitute.
- Honey: sub agave or maple syrup.
- Fresh basil: delicious and aromatic!
How To Make Burrata Toast
Keep scrolling for the full recipe card and measurements. We’ll start here with a quick overview!
- Toast your bread to desired crunchiness level.
- Spread burrata cheese on top of the toast.
- Spoon jam on top of the burrata and add fresh berries.
- Drizzle toast with a little bit of honey and sprinkle with minced, fresh basil leaves.
Burrata is easier to spread and more delicious if it's had a little time out of the refrigerator before use. Place cheese on the countertop (but leave it in hydrating liquid/brine so it doesn't dry out). Pour a big cup of coffee and relax for a few minutes before you start toasting bread. Ideally your cheese will sit out for 20-30 minutes before you use it!
Toast extra bread! This recipe is for one and calls for two slices of toast. But I can almost guarantee you'll end up making extra for onlooking family members.
More Quick Breakfast Recipes
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothies
- Greek Yogurt Banana Bowl
- No Bake Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Low Carb Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Delicious Protein Coffee Recipe
- The Best Matcha Mug Cake
Pin it for later!
Blackberry Burrata Toast Recipe
- Toaster *or regular oven *see note below
- 2 slices bread *see note below
- 2 ouces burrata cheese
- 1 tablespoon blackberry jam *see note below
- 4 large blackberries
- 1 teaspoon honey *see note below
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves *minced
Recipe notesToaster: did you know that you can easily toast bread in the oven!? If you don't have a traditional toaster, you don't have to miss out on this amazing breakfast food. Simply place slices of bread on a baking sheet and set oven to 400°F. Don't wait until it's preheated, go ahead and put the bread in right away. By the time the oven reaches set temperature, you're toast should be ready to go - check often so it doesn't burn. I learned this trick when we were moving and temporarily lost our toaster! Bread: good bread makes a big difference in this recipe! Select a delicious artisan loaf from your local grocery store (you can even make homemade bread if you feel up to it). And of course, this recipe can easily be made gluten free by substituting your favorite brand of gluten free bread. Jam: any jam will work with this recipe! Feel free to choose another flavor (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, etc). You can also use any variety of fresh berries. To make this recipe a little healthier, I recommend using a sugar free or no sugar added jam. Honey: or agave/maple syrup. You can also substitute a sugar free agave!
- Toast bread slices until golden brown (or to desired level of darkness/crunch).
- Spread burrata cheese evenly onto toast.
- Spoon jam over creamy cheese and add berries.
- Add a drizzle of sweet honey and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you so much for trying it out – would you leave a rating?! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.