This gluten-free pumpkin mug cake is a quick and easy treat that comes together in 10 minutes or less. Love a good pumpkin flavored breakfast or dessert but want a healthy option? This recipe is perfect for you, it's gluten and dairy free. For keto/low-carb, substitute your favorite zero carb sweetener and use sugar free chocolate chips!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love satisfying my sweet tooth with a single-serving dessert rather than making or buying an entire cake. It's much easier to implement portion control with a tiny microwave mug cake.
This time of year, I live for pumpkin desserts and lots of fall flavor. This miniature treat really the perfect way to celebrate pumpkin season and the pretty changing leaves.
- Pumpkin purée: a tasty fall-time favorite!
- Almond flour: a gluten free, low carb flour with delicious, nutty flavor.
- Maple syrup: honey or agave are also yummy. For keto, substitute your favorite zero calorie/carb sweetener (such as stevia or monk fruit). Keep in mind that these tend to be sweeter so you'll likely need less.
- Egg: make it fluffy!
- Pure vanilla extract: pure is best but imitation works, too.
- Salt: adds complexity and contrast.
- Cinnamon & cloves: spice it up!
- Baking powder: leavening agent to make your cake rise.
- Dairy free chocolate chips: sweet little morsels! Consider sugar free chips if you're making this recipe keto. Some brands of chocolate chips have milk in them so be sure to select a dairy free brand if this is a concern for you.
How To Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Mug Cake
Keep scrolling for complete recipe and instructions. We’ll start here with a quick rundown!
- Pick out a large, microwave safe mug! Find one that holds at least 1 & ½ cups of liquid.
- Blot pumpkin puree with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to your mug.
- Whisk ingredients well, then gently stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few to sprinkle on top if desired.
- Microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Once the middle of the cake no longer looks wet, it's done. Serve warm and enjoy!
Cute microwave cake mugs!
More Pumpkin Desserts
Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with a pumpkin flavored treat? Check out these other yummy recipes:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal With Pecans
- The Best Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Maple Pecan Pumpkin Cookies
- Sweet Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- Low Carb, No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pin it for later!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Mug Cake
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree *blotted
- ¼ cup almond flour *sub all-purpose flour if desired but use only 3 tablespoons. *see note below
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup *see note below
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dairy free dark chocolate chips *see note below
Recipe notes:Almond flour: I use and love Bob's Red Mill super fine, blanched almond flour! Maple syrup: honey or agave are also tasty! *For keto, substitute your favorite zero calorie/carb sweetener (such as stevia or monk fruit). These tend to be sweeter so start with ½ a teaspoon or so. Dairy free chocolate chips: sweet little morsels! *Consider sugar free chips if you're making this recipe keto. Some brands of chocolate chips have milk in them so be sure to select a dairy free brand if this is a concern for you.
- Place your pumpkin puree on a paper towel and blot. (*Tip: this simply means to fold the edges of the paper towel in over the puree to soak up excess moisture).
- Measure all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) into your mug and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on top if desired!
- Microwave for 1&½ to 2 minutes. When the center of the cake is no longer wet, it is done.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?!
Thank you so much for trying it out – please be sure to leave a rating. Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.