This sweet and spicy pumpkin zucchini muffin recipe is the best way celebrate the changing of the seasons!
If you should choose to share, these tasty morsels will make you a very popular friend, spouse, parent, party guest, etc. You name it.
*Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick rundown: making easy pumpkin zucchini muffins!
Keep scrolling to find the full recipe. We’ll start here with a quick overview:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Gather up all of your ingredients and equipment.
- Measure dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl and whisk them together.
- Puree zucchini, measure all wet ingredients into a separate, large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer dry ingredients into the same mixing bowl as wet ingredients and combine. Stop stirring when all ingredients are saturated, do not overmix!
- Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and measure batter evenly into each cavity.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- If you don’t have coconut oil on hand, you can substitute unsalted butter. I prefer coconut oil as it allows spices in this recipe to “pop” a little more, but either will make a delicious final product. You can also substitute applesauce for a healthier, lower calorie option!
Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 1 & ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 & ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed *see note below
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup zucchini puree *see note below
- 1 cup pumpkin puree *see note below
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil *melted *see note below
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Recipe notes:Ground coriander seed: I find that many people do not have this delicious spice readily on hand. You can use more cinnamon in place of ground coriander seed, though I highly recommend adding this spice to your cabinet! It really takes these muffins to the next level. Zucchini: 1 medium size zucchini will result in about 1 cup of puree. Pumpkin puree: This recipe calls for less than a full can of pumpkin puree. Here are a few recipes to help you use up the rest: Sweet Pumpkin Spice Sauce, Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, Almond Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake, Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding. Coconut oil: Melted butter or unsweetened applesauce can be substituted. Personally, I prefer coconut oil in this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Cut your zucchini into cubes and puree in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a micro-plane or cheese grater (work with the whole zucchini rather than cutting it into cubes if you go this route).
- In a separate, large mixing bowl combine zucchini puree, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla (if you don’t have a full cup of zucchini puree you can supplement with additional pumpkin). Whisk ingredients together.
- Add melted coconut oil and whisk again until well combined.
- Transfer dry ingredients into wet and use spatula to combine. Stop when all ingredients are saturated and no dry ingredients remain. Be careful not to overmix.
- Lightly coat your muffin pan with non stick cooking spray and distribute batter into each cavity. If desired, use a measuring cup or ice cream scoop to help proportion batter evenly.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you for trying it out. It would mean the world if you left a rating by clicking on the stars in the recipe card above. Your feedback means so much!
More pumpkin recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
- Sweet Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- Maple Pecan Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding (2 Ways)!
- Classic Pumpkin Bread