Need a quick, healthy breakfast or snack recipe? I've got you covered! This Greek yogurt breakfast bowl requires only seven simple ingredients and ten minutes to whip up. Satisfy your sweet tooth and peanut butter cravings first thing in the morning with high protein, gluten free goodness!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
What you'll need:
- 0% Fat Greek yogurt: delicious, smooth, creamy and high protein!
- Peanut butter powder: a healthier alternative to regular peanut butter with less calories, sugar and fat content. If preferred, you can substitute regular peanut butter in this recipe!
- Agave nectar: sweeten it up! Honey or sugar free agave are tasty alternatives.
- Banana: cut into thin slices and use as a delicious topping.
- Cocoa powder: heavenly chocolate flavor? Yes please!
- Toasted coconut flakes: this aromatic topping adds great texture.
- Cacao nibs: for beautiful color and crunch.
How to make your breakfast bowl - a quick overview!
Keep scrolling for complete recipe and instructions. We’ll start here with a super quick rundown!
- Whisk Greek yogurt, half of peanut butter powder and 1 teaspoon agave together in a small bowl. Transfer mixture into serving bowl.
- Cut half of a banana into thin slices and place on top of yogurt.
- Stir remaining peanut butter powder and agave together. Add water slowly until a "drizzling" consistency is reached. Add half to your bowl.
- Mix cocoa powder into remaining peanut butter drizzle and mix until smooth (add a few more drops of water if necessary). Add to serving bowl.
- Garnish with cacao nibs and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
More high protein breakfast ideas!
- Ham & Cheese Quiche Cups
- Strawbery Chocolate & Banana Protein Smoothie
- Simple Protein Coffee (Or Proffee)
Handy tips for this recipe:
- If you can’t find toasted coconut at the grocery store, you can easily make it yourself! Simply look for raw, shredded coconut in the baking isle. Add flakes to a large, non-stick frying pan and turn heat to low. Stir constantly until all flakes have turned a light brown color, then remove from heat.
- Feel free to get creative with this recipe and try various mix-ins and toppings like nuts, granola or berries!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Breakfast Bowl
- ¾ cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter powder *divided *see note below
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar *divided *see note below
- ½ medium size banana
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes
Recipe notes:Peanut butter powder: you can also use regular peanut butter in this recipe. I like to use peanut butter powder as a healthier option with less calories, fat and sugar content. Agave nectar: substitute honey or sugar free agave if desired.
- Measure Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter powder and 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or preferred sweetener) into a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Use a spatula to transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Slice banana and place on top of yogurt.
- Mix remaining peanut butter powder and agave together. Slowly add water and continue mixing until a drizzly texture is reached. Add half of this mixture to your breakfast bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to remaining peanut butter powder and agave drizzle and mix until smooth (add a few more drops of water if necessary). Add to your bowl.
- Garnish bowl with cocoa nibs and toasted coconut flakes.
More peanut butter powder recipes!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Apple Pear Dessert Nachos
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites | No Bake!