Dessert nachos! A simple, easy, healthy recipe the whole family will love. Short on time? This tasty treat is ready in 20 minutes or less. A gorgeous platter of thinly sliced pink-lady apple and red pear "chips" drizzled in peanut butter and chocolate.
And of course, you can add any toppings your heart desires! I especially love making this beautiful treat as a fun, valentines day snack.
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make dessert nachos:
Keep scrolling down to find detailed instructions for this recipe. I’ll start here with an quick overview!
- First, cut your fruit into very thin slices.
- Place slices in a mixing bowl and cover them with cool water. Squeeze juice from one lime into the water and stir. Allow fruit to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips & coconut oil. Mix water into peanut butter powder.
- Drain fruit and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. Arrange on a large plate or platter.
- Drizzle fruit with melted chocolate and peanut butter, add sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.
- You can indulge immediately, but I usually put my nachos in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes so the chocolate can set up a little bit. Enjoy!
- I like to use peanut butter powder mixed with water in this recipe, it's super tasty! Powdered peanut butter has less sugar, less fat, fewer carbs and higher protein than regular peanut butter. It's also half the calories! Find it at most grocery stores by the regular peanut butter, or buy it on Amazon. You can also use regular peanut butter in this recipe, simply microwave it a bit until it reaches a drizzly texture.
- Get creative and have some fun with this recipe! You can try different types of drizzle and toppings like peanut butter chips, white chocolate, chopped walnuts, almond slices, raisins, chia seeds, granola, etc. If you can't have nuts, try substituting tahini sauce for peanut butter.
Let's get started!
Apple & Red Pear Dessert Nachos
- 1 large pink lady apple
- 1 large Anjou red pear
- 1 small lime
- ¼ cup peanut butter powder *see note below
- 4 teaspoons warm water
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips *use dairy free for vegan
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pink & red Valentine's Day sprinkles *optional
Recipe notes:Peanut butter powder: I like to use peanut butter powder mixed with water in this recipe because it has less sugar, fat, carbs and calories than regular peanut butter (and it's still delicious)! Find it at most grocery stores by the regular peanut butter, or buy it on Amazon. You can also use regular peanut butter in this recipe, simply microwave it a bit until it reaches a drizzly texture.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut your apple and pear into thin slices and place in a mixing bowl. Fill the bowl with enough cool water to cover all of your fruit slices.
- Cut lime in half, squeeze juice into the bowl and stir. Allow fruit to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- While fruit soaks, measure mini chocolate chips into a small, microwave-safe bowl. Reserve about a tablespoon of mini chips to sprinkle on top of your nachos and set them aside. Add coconut oil to the chips you are going to melt. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in-between, until fully melted.
- Measure peanut butter powder into a small bowl and add water. Stir until smooth. If the consistency is too thick for drizzling, add a splash more water. If it's too thin, add a bit more powder.
- Drain fruit and pat dry with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Arrange fruit on a large plate or platter and drizzle with peanut butter and chocolate. You may want to set your platter or plate on top of some paper towels or parchment paper to catch any mess. Add decorative sprinkles and reserved mini chocolate chips.
- You can eat your nachos right away or store them in the refrigerator for a while to let chocolate and peanut butter set! Enjoy!
Other healthy dessert ideas:
- Blueberry Banana & Pecan Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Homemade Caramel Dipped Apples
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites | No Bake!
- The Best Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
If you loved it...
Please share this post! Leave a comment below or star rating in the recipe card above!