Spicy, homemade Moscow mules flavored with cranberry, rosemary, maple simple syrup and fresh orange juice are perfect for the holidays! They're a fun, fruity and festive treat for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Eve. Best of all, this recipe is made using light ginger beer making it a healthier, lower calorie/sugar option for your holiday festivities.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Vodka: your preferred brand! I like Kettle One Vodka.
- Light Ginger Beer: Fever Tree is my favorite.
- Oranges: I like using orange in this recipe for some extra holiday cheer. Moscow mules are traditionally made with limes, you can definitely switch out your citrus, if desired.
- Fresh Cranberries: fresh, whole cranberries are readily available in the produce section of most grocery stores during the holiday season.
- Cinnamon Sticks: for delicious, spicy flavor.
- Maple Syrup: sweeten it up!
- Rosemary: the perfect complimentary flavor for this cocktail.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I really enjoy using super spicy, high quality ginger beer in my Moscow mules! Fever tree is my absolute favorite brand! It's loaded with spice and ginger flavor. If you can't find fever tree, the Quest brand is also delicious. Goslings is my third runner up. All three of these brands offer diet or light options.
These are the copper Moscow mule mugs that we own! You can find copper mugs online or in the home and kitchen section of many large retailers. Something to keep in mind: pure copper mugs can be quite expensive. There are other attractive, but more affordable options you can explore. You might try looking for copper plated stainless steel mugs, or you could go for a black plated stainless look!
Yes! Moscow mules are made with ginger beer, most high quality brands should be gluten free. Check packaging to see if it specifies.
Pin it for later!
Cranberry Moscow Mule With Rosemary
Orange Moscow Mule *Ingredients for one cocktail.
- 7 oz light ginger beer *see note below
- 1.5 oz vodka *3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cranberry simple syrup *see ingredients below
Cranberry Simple Syrup *Makes enough for approx. four cocktails.
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- Rosemary sprig, whole cranberries and orange peel or zest! *Optional
Recipe notes:Light ginger beer: I love Fever Tree Light ginger beer. It's super spicy and delicious, plus it's only got 37 calories per bottle.
- Measure maple syrup, water, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and rosemary into a small sauce pan. Place on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to drain liquid.
- Fill your Moscow mule mug with ice. Add vodka, ginger beer, orange juice and cranberry simple syrup. Mix and add garnish if desired.
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you so much for trying it out – would you leave a rating?! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.