This fluffy, buttery, sweet cinnamon popcorn is made with just 8 simple ingredients in under 30 minutes. It's a great snack and the perfect, healthy-ish treat to enjoy on movie night. I especially love to make this popcorn when my family gathers for our annual viewing of White Christmas, we usually end up making a second batch!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If gourmet popcorn is your favorite snack, be sure to check out my mouthwatering Confetti Popcorn! I make it with rainbow sprinkles but you can use any kind you want.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Popcorn: I love making Homemade Stovetop Popcorn! It's the healthiest, tastiest and cheapest method. Another good option? Use a hot air popper. You have more control over ingredients when you avoid bagged, microwaveable popcorn which can contain preservatives and chemicals that aren't terrific for you.
Butter: I normally use unsalted butter, but salted will work fine. If you choose to use bagged popcorn that is already buttered, you don't have to add more (of course you can if you want)!
White chocolate: I like using Nestle white chips for this recipe, though any brand should work fine.
Coconut oil: a dab will make melted chocolate easier to drizzle.
Salt: I personally like stirring salt right into my melted white chocolate, but you can sprinkle it atop the drizzled popcorn if you prefer.
Ground cinnamon: and perhaps a tiny dash of nutmeg if you feel the urge.
How To Make Cinnamon Popcorn
Keep scrolling for the full recipe card and measurements. We’ll start here with a quick overview!
Make & butter popcorn:
- Make popcorn using your preferred method and place it in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add half to the popped kernels and give them a good stir. Then drizzle remaining butter and stir again.
Melt chocolate & decorate popcorn:
- Transfer hot popcorn to a large, parchment paper lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Add coconut oil to your white chocolate chips. Melt them in the microwave (in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between so the chips don't burn). You can also melt chocolate on the stovetop using a double broiler.
- Stir ground cinnamon and salt into the melted chocolate chips.
- Drizzle melted chocolate mixture over popcorn. Add an additional sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Break and serve:
- Allow chocolate to harden for 15 to 20 minutes. You can place your sheet pan in the refrigerator to speed up the process, if desired.
- Break popcorn apart and place chunks in a large serving bowl. Or, you can eat it straight from the cookie sheet if you don't want to get another dish dirty. Enjoy!
Get creative: feel free to have fun with this recipe. There are so many easy and delicious ingredient and color combinations you can try. Use a mixture of white and dark chocolate chips or play around with spices and sprinkles.
School snacks: this easy recipe is great on movie night but it's also an excellent lunch box addition if you have leftovers.
Gift it: use this popcorn as a fun homemade gift or party favor. Simply portion into cute treat baggies and send it off with friends and family
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover cinnamon popcorn will last for about a week at room temperature. You'll definitely want to transfer extras to an airtight container to keep it fresh as exposure to air will make your snack stale.
More Easy Christmas Recipes:
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Orange Scones
- Cranberry Rosemary Moscow Mules
- Chocolate Holiday Dessert Sangria
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
Pin it for later!
Sweet Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe
- 1 Large sheet pan *I use a 13 x 17" pan.
- 8 cups popped popcorn kernels *about ⅓ cup before popping. *see note below
- 2 tablespoons or ⅛th cup butter *I normally use unsalted butter, but salted will also work
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Recipe notes:Popcorn: I prefer to make my popcorn on the stovetop. See this guide for more details: Easy Homemade Popcorn. You an also use bagged / microwave popcorn if preferred. Check the packaging to see how many cups of popcorn are in a bag.
- Make popcorn using preferred method and place popped kernels in a large bowl.8 cups popped popcorn kernels
- Melt butter and drizzle half over popcorn. Stir/toss kernels and drizzle with remaining butter.2 tablespoons or ⅛th cup butter
- Spread buttered popcorn on a large, parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Measure white chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until melted. *Tip: don't microwave for more than 30 seconds at a time to avoid burning chocolate.⅓ cup white chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Stir salt and cinnamon into melted chocolate and drizzle evenly over popcorn. If desired, dust the chocolate with a bit of additional ground cinnamon powder.⅛ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Allow chocolate to harden, this will take 15-20 minutes at room temperature. You can also place your baking sheet in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Break kernels apart and place chunks back in your popcorn bowl. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you so much for trying it out – would you leave a rating?! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.