Veggie packed cucumber and onion salad with feta crumbles, diced avocado, grape tomatoes and a tangy homemade salad dressing is the perfect side for your summer cookout. This tasty dish is super healthy, light and refreshing. Even better? It takes only 30 minutes to whip it up!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
- Cucumber: the star of the show! Crunchy and refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day.
- Sweet onion: a milder variety of onion that adds nice flavor to this salad.
- Grape tomatoes: for a gorgeous pop of color! Cherry tomatoes will also work great.
- Avocado: adds delicious, velvety texture to compliment crunchy ingredients.
- Feta cheese: savory crumbles pair flawlessly with the wealth of veggies in this dish.
- Olive oil, white wine vinegar & lemon juice: the base for a tangy salad dressing.
- Salt, pepper, rosemary & dill: spices and herbs for dressing (feel free to experiment).
How to make cucumber onion salad:
Keep scrolling for complete recipe and measurements. We'll start here with a quick rundown!
- Slice cucumber, and dice sweet onion into very small pieces. Cut tomatoes in half and dice avocado. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add feta cheese and gently begin to toss ingredients together.
- Measure salad dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle over salad.
- Toss dressing into salad ingredients.
- Plate & enjoy!
- If you prefer, you can leave your salad dressing on the side rather than tossing it into salad ingredients. Diners can then add desired amount to their plate.
- Feel free to get creative with this recipe and add different veggies or varieties of cheese. I've also made this salad with goat cheese, which was delicious! Goat cheese tends to "melt" into this salad a bit, resulting in a creamier texture overall.
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 sweet onion
- 10 oz grape tomatoes *cherry tomatoes also work well!
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and slice into thin half moons. Dice sweet onion into very small pieces, cut grape tomatoes in half and dice avocado. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add feta cheese crumbles and gently begin to toss ingredients together.
- Measure olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, rosemary, lemon juice and fresh chopped dill into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Drizzle over salad and toss into ingredients. (*tip: if preferred, you can leave salad dressing to the side and allow diners to add desired amount to plated salads).
More great sides for a summer cookout:
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Simple Garden Salad Recipe
- Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- Pasta Salad With Asparagus | Gluten Free!
- Fruit Salad With Whipped Cream
- Watermelon Mint Feta Salad
- Olive Salad