Veggie packed cucumber and onion salad with feta crumbles, diced avocado, juicy grape tomatoes and a tangy homemade salad dressing is the perfect side for your summer cookout. This tasty dish is super healthy, light and refreshing. Even better? It takes only 30 minutes and a handful of simple ingredients to whip it up!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
This delicious salad makes the perfect, easy side dish for a summer cookout or barbeque. If you're looking for more easy sides, be sure to check out my Ditalini Pasta Salad, Watermelon Mint Feta Salad, Asparagus Pasta Salad or my incredible, creamy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad!
Ingredients For Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- Fresh cucumber: the star of the show! Crunchy and refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day. I often use English cucumbers which are typically found in shrink wrap at the grocery store. Garden or Persian cucumbers also work.
- Sweet onion: a milder variety of onion that adds nice flavor to this salad.
- Grape tomatoes: for a gorgeous pop of color! Cherry tomatoes will also work great and you can also opt to dice larger tomatoes into small pieces.
- Avocado: adds delicious, velvety texture to compliment crunchy ingredients.
- Crumbled feta cheese: savory crumbles pair flawlessly with the wealth of veggies in this dish.
- Olive oil, white wine vinegar & lemon juice: the base for a tangy salad dressing. You can also substitute red wine vinegar if that's what you have on hand!
- Salt, black pepper, rosemary & dill: spices and fresh herbs for dressing (feel free to experiment).
How To Make Crisp Cucumber Onion Salad
Keep scrolling for complete recipe and measurements. We'll start here with a quick rundown!
- Slice cucumber, and dice sweet onion into very small pieces. Cut fresh tomatoes in half and dice avocado. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add feta cheese and gently begin to toss ingredients together.
- Measure salad dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle over salad.
- Toss dressing into salad ingredients.
- Plate & enjoy!
- If you prefer, you can leave your salad dressing on the side rather than tossing it into salad ingredients. Diners can then add desired amount to their plate.
- Feel free to get creative with this recipe and add different veggies or varieties of cheese. I've also made this salad with goat cheese, which was delicious! Goat cheese tends to "melt" into this salad a bit, resulting in a creamier texture overall.
- Make more of a "Greek salad" by adding some kalamata olives or black olives for Mediterranean flavors galore.
How To Store Leftovers
Transfer leftover tomato cucumber feta salad to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. I really enjoy eating leftover salad as a light lunch the next day!
More Cookout Sides
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
- Simple Garden Salad Recipe
- Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- Fruit Salad With Whipped Cream
- Olive Salad
Pin it for later!
Cucumber Tomato Onion Feta Salad
- 1 large English cucumber *or any type of cucumber you like!
- 1 sweet onion
- 10 oz grape tomatoes *cherry tomatoes also work well!
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar *or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary *dried/crushed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Leave dressing on the side, if preferred.
- Feel free to add different vegetables or varieties of cheese. I've also made this salad with goat cheese, which was delicious! Goat cheese tends to "melt" into this salad a bit, resulting in a creamier texture.
- Make more of a Greek style salad by incorporating olives for lots of Mediterranean flavor.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and slice into thin half moons. Dice sweet onion into very small pieces, cut grape tomatoes in half and dice avocado. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add feta cheese crumbles and gently begin to toss ingredients together.
- Measure olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, rosemary, lemon juice and fresh chopped dill into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Drizzle over salad and toss into ingredients. (*tip: if preferred, you can leave salad dressing to the side and allow diners to add desired amount to plated salads).