Healthy stuffed pepper soup is so delicious! It's simple, easy and requires only 20 minutes of hands on time to prepare. Just brown your hamburger, chop veggies, measure all ingredients into your crockpot and turn it on. That's it! A healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love (and it's even gluten free). Be sure to safe leftovers for lunch the next day.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The long winter stretches out before us! Need more soup recipes to get through the cold months? I've got tons! Try my:
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Ham & Bean Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Slower Cooker Potato Soup
- Easy Crockpot Beef Chili
- Healthy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Hamburger Potato Soup
- Turkey (Or Chicken) Noodle Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Lean ground beef: I use 93/7.
- Bell peppers: choose your favorite color(s)!
- Onion: yellow or white will work.
- Canned diced tomatoes: Italian style!
- White rice: (or sub cauliflower rice) no need to pre-cook.
- Corn: frozen or canned.
- Black beans: drained and rinsed. Feel free to use other types of beans, if desired.
- Spices: Italian seasonings, salt & garlic powder.
- Shredded parmesan cheese: fresh tastes best, but pre-shredded will work fine.
- Beef broth: the base for your delicious, hearty soup.
How To Make Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup
Keep scrolling for full ingredient list and measurements. We’ll start here with a quick rundown!
- Brown hamburger, drain excess fat and place in crock pot.
- Dice up your onion and peppers. Add them to the crockpot along with the cooked beef.
- Add black beans, diced tomato with juices, corn, rice, seasonings and cheese.
- Add beef broth and mix everything together.
- Cook on high setting for 2.5 to 3 hours (until veggies are tender).
- Ladle soup into bowl, add desired toppings and enjoy!
This soup can easily be made on the stovetop. Simply brown your hamburger in a large pot on medium low heat. Add all additional ingredients and increase heat to high. Once soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until all veggies are tender.
- Feel free to get creative! This recipe is very flexible. Feel free to try different mix-ins! You can also use ground turkey as a substitute for beef if preferred.
More Stuffed Pepper Recipes
Pin it for later!
Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup (Crockpot Or Stovetop)
- 1 pound lean ground beef *I use 97/3%
- 4 large bell peppers *see note below
- 1 medium yellow onion *or white
- 1 14.5 oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup long grain white rice *uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans *drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 & ½ cups beef broth *about three 14.5 oz. cans
Recipe notes:Bell peppers: choose the colors you like best. I like to get one of each!
- Brown hamburger, drain excess fat and transfer to crockpot.
- Chop onion and bell peppers into small, bite size pieces and place in the crock pot.
- Add diced tomato (with juices), uncooked rice, corn, beans, Italian seasonings, salt, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and beef broth. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 2 & ½ to 3 hours, until veggies are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with desired toppings such as additional parmesan cheese or sour cream. Enjoy!
- This soup can quickly be made on the stovetop. Brown your hamburger in a big soup pot over medium low heat. Add all other ingredients and increase heat to high. Once soup comes to a boil, reduce heat down to low and simmer until all veggies are tender (15-20 minutes).
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you so much for trying it out – would you leave a rating?! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.