If you enjoy a good stuffed pepper, you're going to love this delicious crock pot soup recipe! It's simple, easy and requires only 20 minutes of hands on time to prepare.
Just brown your hamburger, chop veggies, measure all ingredients into your crockpot and turn it on. That's it! A healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
Be sure to safe your leftovers for lunch!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lean ground beef: I use 93/7.
- Bell peppers: choose your favorite color(s)!
- Onion: yellow or white will work.
- Canned diced tomatoes: Italian style!
- White rice: (or sub cauliflower rice) no need to pre-cook.
- Corn: frozen or canned.
- Black beans: drained and rinsed.
- Italian seasonings, salt & garlic powder: mmmm delicious flavor!
- Shredded parmesan cheese: fresh is best.
- Beef broth: the base for your delicious, hearty soup.
How to make stuffed pepper soup - a quick overview:
Keep scrolling for full ingredient list and measurements. We’ll start here with a quick rundown!
- Brown hamburger, drain excess fat and place in crock pot.
- Chop all veggies and measure remaining ingredients into the crockpot.
- Cook on high setting for 2.5 to 3 hours (until veggies are tender).
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
- Stovetop instructions: this soup can easily be made on the stovetop. Simply brown your hamburger in a large pot on medium low heat. Add all additional ingredients and increase heat to high. Once soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until all veggies are tender.
- Feel free to get creative! This recipe is very flexible. Feel free to try different mix-ins! You can also use ground turkey as a substitute for beef if preferred.
Italian Stuffed Pepper Crock Pot Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef *I use 97/3%
- 4 large bell peppers *see note below
- 1 medium yellow onion *or white
- 1 14.5 oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup long grain white rice *uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans *drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 & ½ cups beef broth *about three 14.5 oz. cans
Recipe notes:Bell peppers: choose the colors you like best. I like to get one of each!
- Brown hamburger, drain excess fat and transfer to crockpot.
- Chop onion and bell peppers into small, bite size pieces and place in the crock pot.
- Add diced tomato (with juices), uncooked rice, corn, beans, Italian seasonings, salt, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and beef broth. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 2 & ½ to 3 hours, until veggies are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with desired toppings such as additional parmesan cheese or sour cream. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you so much for trying it out – please be sure to leave a rating! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.