This simple, easy, gluten free apple crisp recipe is super delicious! It's perfect for breakfast or dessert and uses very little added sugar so it's a healthier option to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Maple syrup
- Whole grain oats
- Unsalted butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Gluten free flour
- Roasted/salted pecans
Making Apple Crisp - A Quick Overview:
Keep scrolling for the full recipe. We’ll start here with a quick rundown!
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Peel and thinly slice apples. Place in a small bowl.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon and cloves. Mix until all apples are coated in spices.
- Place apples in a 9 inch pie dish.
- Make topping and spread it over apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more.
- Allow to cool and enjoy (top with whip cream or ice cream if desired)!
Easy Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe
- 3 medium red apples *see note below
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 & ¼ cup whole grain oats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter *cold, right from the refrigerator.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar *dark or light
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract *imitation will work
- ¼ cup gluten free flour *see note below
- ¼ cup roasted, salted pecans *chopped *see note below
Recipe notes:Apples: choose a crisp, tart variety to compliment sweet filling. I like using pink lady apples! Gluten free flour: I like to use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 Baking Flour. Regular all-purpose flour will also work in this recipe if you don't have a gluten intolerance. Pecans: at the store, look for pecans that are already roasted/salted. Packaging will specify! Buy whole nuts and chop them up or look for pecan "pieces." These work nicely and save a little time since you won't need to cut them up by hand
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel apples and cut into thin slices. Places slices in a small mixing bowl and add maple syrup, ground cinnamon & ground cloves. Mix well until all slices are coated with spices.
- Place coated apple slices in a 9" pie dish and set aside.
- Measure oats into a small mixing bowl. Cut cold, unsalted butter into small cubes and add to oats. Combine with a pastry cutter until crumbly. (*Tip: keep butter in the refrigerator until you're ready to use, this will make it easier to cut into oats).
- Stir in gluten free flour, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, vanilla extract & chopped pecans.
- Spread filling mixture over your apple slices and cover pie dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 more.
- Allow apple crisp to cool and serve with toppings like whip cream, ice cream, or additional maple syrup drizzle if desired!
Did you make this recipe?!
Wahoo! Thank you so much for trying it out – please be sure to leave a rating! Simply click on the stars in the recipe card above.
More autumn dessert recipes:
- Homemade Caramel Dipped Apples
- Honey Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Stuffed Baked Apples With Cinnamon
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Low Carb, No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
- Sweet Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- Maple Pecan Pumpkin Cookies
- Classic Pumpkin Bread